OWYYC2022 Filming Guidelines and Rules
Please check the rules below before you film your video.
Film in Landscape (Horizontal)
- Choose high-resolution mode
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- At least 1280×720 (Ideal 1920×1080)
Set the Camera Angle
- Use a tripod or stand to hold the camera/phone in place
- Do not change the angle or zoom in or out during filming
No editing allowed
- Movie editing is not allowed
- Please upload the full recording of your freestyle from the beginning until the end
- ※IYYF will cut the unnecessary parts at the beginning and end before publishing
Make sure the full string(s) and yo-yo(s) are clearly visible
Bad examples (Do not do this):
- Too bright
- String color is too similar to clothing and/or background
- Too dark
- With black light (UV Light)
Make sure the camera captures the yo-yo movement well
- Yo-Yo is out of the frame
- Too close
- Only yo-yo is in the frame
- Too far
- Play near the center
- Film in a bright room/outside, so the camera can capture the yo-yo, string, and body movement well.
- Frame bottom: Feet–knees
- Frame top: Leave some space above the head
- Face the direction which best shows your tricks/combos to the camera
- Make sure you do not have any other people or copyrighted signs/logos/designs anywhere in the screen
- If there are any issues with the video, we may ask you to re-film and re-submit.
- Please check all of these notes carefully before and after filming to be sure.