OWYYC2022 Filming Guidelines and Rules
Please check the rules below before you film your video.
Film in Landscape (Horizontal)
- Choose high-resolution mode
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- At least 1280×720 (Ideal 1920×1080)
Set the Camera Angle
- Use a tripod or stand to hold the camera/phone in place
- Do not change the angle or zoom in or out during filming
No editing allowed
- Movie editing is not allowed
- Please upload the full recording of your freestyle from the beginning until the end
- ※IYYF will cut the unnecessary parts at the beginning and end before publishing
Make sure the full string(s) and yo-yo(s) are clearly visible
Bad examples (Do not do this):
- Too bright
- String color is too similar to clothing and/or background
- Too dark
- With black light (UV Light)
Make sure the camera captures the yo-yo movement well
- Yo-Yo is out of the frame
- Too close
- Only yo-yo is in the frame
- Too far
- Play near the center
- Film in a bright room/outside, so the camera can capture the yo-yo, string, and body movement well.
- Frame bottom: Feet–knees
- Frame top: Leave some space above the head
- Face the direction which best shows your tricks/combos to the camera
- Make sure you do not have any other people or copyrighted signs/logos/designs anywhere in the screen
- If there are any issues with the video, we may ask you to re-film and re-submit.
- Please check all of these notes carefully before and after filming to be sure.
Rules Added on Oct. 6, 2022
[Regarding Submitted Footage]
If we find that a submitted video appears unnatural (speed adjustment, evidence of editing, etc.), the following actions will be taken.
- We will request that the player submit the original file without any trimming, for the purpose of evaluation by the contest organizers.
- We will verify the file size, file information, and shooting environment.
- We will check a live performance of the freestyle using a video call, and check the filming equipment
After conducting the above, the organizing team and judges will hold a discussion.
Even if we find no traces of video manipulation in the data, the following measures will be taken if the majority of judges involved feel uncomfortable with the video (starting from the Final of OWYYC2022).
- We will request that the video be reshot.
- The player must visibly place a commercially available clock with a second-hand or second counter in their filming space and reshoot the freestyle video.
- If it is confirmed that any editing or manipulation was done intentionally, the contestant may be disqualified at the discretion of the organizing team (in this case, no payments will be refunded).
However, if you have already started filming your final freestyle and are concerned about it, please contact us as soon as possible (we will respond to each case individually by confirming sample footage in advance).