Contestant Registration for WYYC2023
This is the form for Contestants to register for WYYC2023 Osaka.
The deadline to register is July 17*
*AP Contestants (all members) must register by July 7 in order for their video submission to be judged
Please read the Code of Conduct and agree before you submit the form
- No refunds will be made for withdrawals after the entry fee has been paid.
- No refunds will be made for withdrawals or changes in the number of divisions on the day of the event (except in the event of a natural disaster or cancellation of the event due to circumstances beyond the control of the organizer).
- I will act in a sportsmanlike and courteous manner, treat all participants, officials, visitors, and management staff with respect, and participate in WYYC2023 while abiding by all the rules and regulations of the event. I will follow the instructions of the Japan Yo-Yo Federation (JYYF), the International Yo-Yo Federation (IYYF), which is in charge of organizing the event, and the host venue. If I fail to do so, I will be subject to disciplinary action by the organizer.
- The organizers of the event reserve the right to use the image rights of all participants, as well as the right to report, broadcast, televise, and publish the names, sounds, photographs, and images of the participants. I also confirm that I am authorized to allow third parties to use this authority for the purpose of promoting this event, JYYF, and yo-yoing.
- I understand that due to the nature of competitive yo-yoing, there is a risk of damage, loss, or serious injury, paralysis, or death to myself or others as a result of my actions, inaction, or negligence. I am also aware that there are unknowable risks. I hereby sign and promise that I will not sue or claim against the organizers, sponsors, venue officials, JYYF staff, or volunteer staff for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from my participation in the event. I also confirm that my heirs and representatives are bound by this agreement.
- I will reimburse the owner for any damage caused by my negligence to the facilities or equipment of the venue.
- I will not demand a refund of the entry fee, travel expenses, etc. in the event that the event is cancelled for any reason.
- I will not engage in any behavior that slanders or defames others, whether on social media, the Internet, or any other media. If I violate this rule, I will accept the disciplinary measures taken by the organizer.
- I will not criticize, slander, or defame the participants or the organizer by using false or uncertain information. If I violate this rule, I will accept the disciplinary measures taken by the organizer.
About Music/Video Use
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the following rules regarding the use of music and video recordings in my performance.
All contestants competing in the “Freestyle Competition” must confirm and agree to the following items regarding the music to be used.
- When using copyright-free music, please confirm the conditions of use and availability of the music in advance, and clearly state the source information (URL, etc.) when submitting the music after entry.
- Please do not take music from YouTube, or any other data source (DVD or Blu-ray videos included) that is not intended to be downloaded by the music publisher.
- Please do not use music for which the copyright holder is unknown.
- When using edited music (remixes, mashups), please provide us with all information about the music before mixing (Example: a music track uses songs A, B, and C. We will need the individual artist and song name for all three of those songs).
- JYYF is not responsible for any problems or claims related to the use of songs that occur without complying with the above.
About the playback quality (sound quality) of music
Please understand that JYYF cannot guarantee the quality of playback due to differences in equipment and facilities at each venue.
If the sound quality is significantly impaired immediately after the music is played due to equipment trouble, we will take the measures as described in the freestyle rules.
Video Recording of Competitions
- We are currently outsourcing the video recording of each tournament to an external organization called “yoyovideoarchive.”
- The purpose of this service is to record the competitions, and therefore, we do not accept any request from the contestant about their videos (ex: Deletion, editing, inputting comments, or customized description, etc.).
Measures to prevent infectious diseases (Created on June 7, 2023)
Please refrain from coming and participating in the event if you have any of the following conditions (1) to (3).
- Those who have symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, sore throat, etc. in the last 3 days.
- Those who live with or are traveling with a family member or close acquaintance who is sick, and who are suspected to have symptoms of an infectious disease.
- Those who may spread infectious diseases or worsen their own health condition by coming to the contest venue.
Please comply with the following precautions to prevent infectious diseases.
- You may be asked to wear a mask in the building depending on the situation in Japan at the time of the contest (if there is a severe spread of infections, at the request of the government, etc.). This is for the safety of all contest participants and staff. Please bring your own mask just in case.
- Please wash your hands frequently and disinfect your hands as needed.
- Please refrain from sharing yo-yos, strings, towels, etc. as much as possible to prevent infectious diseases.
- Please take care of your health even after the contest is over.
- If you find out that you are or have been infected with a serious infectious disease during or after the contest, please notify the contest organizer as soon as possible. In order to ensure the safe conduct of the event, we ask for your cooperation in complying with the rules set forth by the management and in following the instructions of the contest organizer and event staff.
Participants who do not comply with the above items or do not follow the instructions of the contest organizer will be denied participation from the standpoint of participant safety management.
I Read and Agree
By submitting this form, I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to abide by all contest rules and regulations.
Please fill out your registration form and click the “Submit” button below to complete the registration process.