Round Structure for the WYYC14
Reasons for the change:
- For the final round, 15-20 is the maximum number of contestants that can be judged fairly and accurately.
- We cannot fit ALL National Champions into finals anymore.
- We want the winners and high-ranking players of National Contests to have some benefit.
- In actuality, really only the top 10 in each Championship Division of each National Contest should be capable/eligible to compete at the level of World Contest.
- However, we still want EVERYONE to have a chance to come and try for the World Title.
2014 World Contest Round Structure
Day 3: FINAL (3-min) TOTAL 15-20 (1A) / 8-10 (2A-5A)
Last-Year’s World Champion x 1
Multi-National Contest (AP, EYYC, NA) Champions x 3
Winners of Semi-Final x 11-16 (1A) / 4-6 (2A-5A)
Day 2: SEMI-FINAL (1.5-min) TOTAL 40-60 (1A) / 15-30 (2A-5A)
National Champions x 15-25 (1A) / 5-10 (2A-5A)
Winners of Preliminary x 25-35 (1A) / 10-20 (2A-5A)
Day 1: PRELIMINARY (1-min) TOTAL 100-150 (1A) / 30-60 (2A-5A)
Top 10 of all Nationals x 70-110 (1A) / 20-40 (2A-5A)
Winners of WildCard x 30-40 (1A) / 10-20 (2A-5A)
Day Before: WILDCARD (30-sec) TOTAL 100-150 (1A) / 20-50 (2A-5A)
Anyone x 100-150 (1A) / 20-50 (2A-5A)
- It will be in a private room with just judges.
- The venue may have a limited ceiling space.
- Music selection may be limited.
- Clickers (plus and minus) only.
If you are the World Champion, you compete in Finals directly.
If you are the Asia-Pacific, EYYC (or NA if/when established) Champion, you compete in Finals directly.
If you are a National Champion, you compete starting in Semi-Finals.
If you are one of the top players in your country, you compete starting in the Preliminary round.
If you had never won or ranked for the year, you still have a chance to compete starting in the WildCard round.